Perhaps the members of the Killdeer High School girl’s track and field team saved their best for last – or near last.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Posted May 24, 2013
BEACH – Perhaps the members of the Killdeer High School girl’s track and field team saved their best for last – or near last.
Killdeer tallied 81 points to place fourth in the team standings here Saturday at the regional meet.
“The girls had a great day on the track field and peaked at the right time,” said Killdeer track coach Barb Quintus. “It has been a long time since the girls scored 81 points in a meet. The girls were excited and did a great job of competing on a very nice day at Beach. Nine girls qualified for state by place.”
Athletes can qualify for the state track meet by attaining certain scores during the season or by placing in the top three at the regional meets. Advancing to the state meet are:
• Alison Scheetz in the discus with a throw of 100-0”;
• Kallisha Keller in pole vault with a vault of 8-6’;
• Morgan LeMieux in High Jump with a jump of 4-9;
• 3200 meter relay team of Lexi Clarke, Brooke Fettig, Amber Kukla and LeMieux with a time of 10:25.64; and
• 400-meter relay and 800 M Relay consisted of Angel Calkins, Kallisha Keller, Kasey Houghton, Rylee Clarke with a time of 55.04 and 1:51.16, respectively.
Other girls that placed and helped the team to a fourth place finish were:
• Kukla (4th) in the 800 m run with a time of 2:35.13;
• Sydney Anderson (a 7th grader) took fifth in the 1600-meter run with a time of 5:53.39;
• Rylee Clarke placed eighth in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 18.57
• Jurnee Murray placed fifth in the 300 M Hurdles a time of 53.05;
• Jocelyn Walker placed fifth in pole vault with a height of 8-6;
• Rylee Clarke placed sixth in pole vault with a height of 8-0;
• Sydney Anderson placed seventh in pole vault with a height of 8-0;
• Corrie Dobitz (a 7th grader) took eighth with a height of 8-0.
The state meet will be held Friday and Saturday, May 24-25, at Bismarck.