The North Dakota Women’s Network is seeking nominations for its 2017 Woman of the Year award. The Woman of the Year award is given to a North Dakota woman in acknowledgement of the contribution she has made in her field, and to publicly show appreciation for her efforts to improve the lives of women from all walks of life. Nominations are due April 14, 2017.
Nominees should demonstrate leadership or excellence in one or more of the following criteria:
• Political advocacy for women: Serving to inspire women’s political participation.
• Economic self-sufficiency: Working to close the pay gap between women and men and lift women and their families out of poverty.
• Women’s health and advocacy: Serving as a voice to ensure quality, affordable healthcare for all.
• Education: Support of strong educational opportunities for all North Dakota women.
• Reproductive Rights: Working to ensure reproductive health is comprehensive and secure.
• Safety: Providing intervention and prevention of violence against women.
• Equality: Working to eradicate discrimination in all of its forms.
A committee of the NDWN board of directors will choose the 2017 Woman of the Year from among the submitted nominations. Board members, staff, and their family are not eligible for the award. More information and nomination forms can be found at www.ndwomen.org, or by contacting Caitlin at email@example.com or 701-425-2915.