~ Prepare. Plan. Stay informed. ~
September is the perfect time to remember to be prepared for emergencies and disasters. Severe summer weather is upon us and harsh winter weather is just around the corner. Now is the time to get a kit, make a plan, and be informed.Posted 9/06/13
Getting ready for emergencies includes:
ü Assembling an emergency supply kit.
ü Preparing a family emergency plan.
ü Getting informed about emergencies and their appropriate responses.
ü Becoming involved in community efforts such as Citizen Corps.
- Summer fire safety: www.nd.gov/des/get/summer-fire-safety/
- Prepare for severe summer weather: www.nd.gov/des/get/severe-summer-weather/
- Prepare for severe winter weather: www.nd.gov/des/get/severe-winter-weather/
- Prepare for floods: www.nd.gov/des/get/flood-preparedness/
- Emergencies and pets: www.nd.gov/des/get/emergencies-and-pets/
- Emergencies and special needs populations: www.nd.gov/des/get/emergencies-and-special-needs-populations/
- Sheltering in place: www.nd.gov/des/get/shelter-in-place/
For more information about getting prepared, visit the “Get Ready, Get Set, Get Safe” section of the NDDES website at www.nd.gov/des/get/ and use the links on the left-hand side of the page.
For more information about Preparedness Month, please visit www.ready.gov.